Visit our Open Day. Free Taster Sessions and our friendly team will be available. Read more>
This neurological condition is caused by problems in the part of the brain that controls muscles. One in 400 people are born with Cerebral Palsy.
The condition can occur if the brain develops abnormally or is damaged before, during or shortly after birth. Causes of Cerebral Palsy include:
- An infection caught by the mother during pregnancy
- A difficult or premature birth
- Bleeding in the baby’s brain
- Changes (mutations) in the genes that affect the brain’s development
Research has shown that Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy may help to:
- Improve the function of damaged cells
- Increase oxygen levels
- Enhance limb and whole body functionality
- Improve fine movement control
- Alleviate muscle stiffness and involuntary muscle spasms
(Source: Noori S. Al-Waili et al. Life Support Technologies, Inc. and New Technologies, Inc. The Mount Vernon Hospital, Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College, New York, USA Advances in Therapy vol.22 no.6. pp. 659-678. 2005.)
The Herts MS Therapy Centre in Letchworth, Hertfordshire aims to help people with any long-term or neurological condition. Free test sessions of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy are available.
To find out more, visit our Oxygen Therapy page.
Book your free test session by contacting Claire on 01462 684 214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.